Unfortunately, lots of people take friendships for granted. Like any kind of relationship, in addition, it requires time and effort from you, especially if you want to keep it despite the distance.
Here are 6 beautiful manners on how to nurture a long-distance friendship:
1. Communicate often. One of the first things that collapse in a long-distance relationship is communication. Reduce it, and the fondness and longing will no longer be there. If she needs help, she doesn’t run to you anymore. She won’t even let you know when she’s back in town.
With the many communication technologies you can use now, maintaining your line of communication is no longer challenging. You may call her, text, Titusville Squirrel Removal, send her an e-mail, or chat with her. You can even create a blog, which she can read to keep her updated about you; then she can simply comment.
2. Do something special. How would you like to be treated on your birthday or your day of promotion? Surely, you need to feel extra special. Well, your friend requires the exact same feeling too, especially if she’s several miles away from some of her nearest and dearest. So do make an effort to let her feel that. Instead of sending her regular e-mails or digital cards, why not order flowers for her or send her gift certificates to her favorite store? Visit her. There’ll certainly be times when online communication is not enough. You’d wish both of you can sit down, grab a cup of coffee, and catch up on things? Why don’t you just do that? She’ll surely love your existence, particularly in instances when she truly wants a true friend nearby.
4. Just because she is oceans away does not really mean you cannot pursue the exact things together. Here’s an example. Both of you can take a trip to your favorite destination or to a location you’ve always loved to explore. You can just decide to meet each other up there. If you’re looking forward to learning a language, you can enroll at the same online school; then maybe at least a few times a week, you can test how much you have learned by talking or writing it to each other.
5. Don’t cross the line. Friendships are still bound by constraints. If your friend decides not to share something from you, it does not mean she does not want you anymore. She simply wants to keep something.
6. Avoid jealousy. Your friend is certainly going to meet plenty of new folks out there. She is going to have her own set of friends, and it’s easy for you to get jealous. Don’t. You will need to let her grow. Instead, be thankful that there are people who can be with her when you can’t.
Assessing your jealousy isn’t a simple thing to do, however, so use affirmations or subliminal messages to help influence your mind into thinking positive things. Select those that tackle about friendships and jealousy, then let their messages to grow on you.